Friday, March 13, 2009

A message from Jillian Schroeder

Message submitted on behalf of Jillian:

Dear Friends,

Each of us tries to make a difference in the world in some small way.
I want this to be my way. I entered a photography contest and I need
the help and support of the YPWC community to win the opportunity to
carry out my dream photo session. "Children of Hope" is the name of my
dream.

As all of us know, many children in Africa struggle with extreme
poverty, insanitary conditions and violence,. Yet, many of them are
still hopeful of their future and of the future of their countries. I
want to travel through Africa and document the hope that these young
people have. These children are the future. Their hope is what can
change their communities, their countries and ultimately even the
world. I want to share the stories and struggles of these children
with the world to bring attention to the cause. After the trip, I plan
on selling the photographs and donating all of the profits to local
children's charities throughout Africa.

I would really appreciate your help in making my dream come true.
Hopefully, by helping me you ultimately help the children of Africa.
Let's band together and change the world! Please visit the website
below. You will need to register in order to vote, but it only takes a
minute and the organization will not send you spam emails after this
contest. Voting ends on April 3, 2009.

http://www.nameyourdreamassignment.com/the-ideas/JillianSTL/children-of-hope/

(Click on the yellow box on the left that says "Pic it" and vote for me.)

I really appreciate your help!!!

Sincere thanks!

Jillian Schroeder

No comments:

Post a Comment